Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!

Posted by Admin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gunnar Eyewear - Especially for Computers! How do you think I'll look in these? ~Mattie

Gunnar Eyewear Gunnar Gaming Eyewear PPK Cobalt/Snow Frame
IMPORTANT NOTICE!!!
January 23, 2009 12:01PM
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We've decided to revamp the whole place and move it to another hosting provider. That means that the forum might be available only for Admins or set only for reading from time to time and the site might be off sometimes until all the work has been done. If you experience problems loading any page, try to check back later.

Accomplishing this whole task is going to take a longer time so please, be patient. Thanks.

WARNING: We want everyone to read this to avoid confusion and gazillions of questions. Once you've read this, send me a PM with I'm Safe Now for the Subject and whatever text in the body. I've said it before and I'm saying it again: I'm gonna salt and burn you if you don't read this!

D.

Updated: Apr 04 2011

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2011 11:56AM by DeanJW.
February 02, 2009 12:40AM
Once again, thanks to everyone for their patience with us while we worked through the problems the forum has been having. My "test" last week didn't work, causing us to have to close the forum for longer than anticipated, but everything appears to be back up and running again. So, as a late gift....

Happy Birthday Dean! The forum is re-open!Clownanaplay12th manImpala

PLEASE, if anyone has trouble posting or notices some errors, PM me asap to let me know. There may be some initial issues as for showing a forum has new posts so you may want to "Mark forum read" with each forum just to refresh the database for you. If this doesn't work or you have additional problems, let me know. smiling smiley
February 02, 2009 06:35AM
Mattie

Thank you, Kitty. lovegrinning smiley

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~
February 07, 2009 07:10AM
xDeanWinchesterx
Mattie

Thank you, Kitty. lovegrinning smiley

You're welcome. love heart hug
April 04, 2009 12:12AM
Forum appears to be working again! PM me if you're still having problems. (receive an error message, posts not showing up, etc). Potter

EDIT: Aaand.... we're down again. (thanks Nan, for letting me know!) Sorry everyone, not sure what's going on. I fixed one problem but there seems to be something else behind it. Looks like this one's gonna take longer to solve than I hoped. Will keep you notified here in the announcement!

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 12:05AM by Mattie.
April 06, 2009 03:13AM
Mattie
Forum appears to be working again! PM me if you're still having problems. (receive an error message, posts not showing up, etc). Potter

EDIT: Aaand.... we're down again. (thanks Nan, for letting me know!) Sorry everyone, not sure what's going on. I fixed one problem but there seems to be something else behind it. Looks like this one's gonna take longer to solve than I hoped. Will keep you notified here in the announcement!

Yes, still having issues - either an error message or a blank page after posting.

Please, don't try to post the same message more than once, the post should be posted and visible even after getting the error message or the blank page.

The forum might be up and down until the problem is fixed.

We also kindly ask all active (posting) members to report ANY problem IMMEDIATELY after noticing so we can start fixing it asap and thus be sure no problem would appear for too long.

Report to:

1. RSJ Admin mail - admin@rocksaltjournals.com
  2. RSJ Webmistress mail - webmistress@rocksaltjournals.com
  3. My mail - djw@rocksaltjournals.com
  4. RSJ Yahoo Messenger - rocksaltjournals

Thank you for your patience.

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
April 07, 2009 04:23PM
Due to the trickster appearance, CF has been closed and is being taken care of. Profound research must be carried out to get rid of him once and for all. Might take some time.

April 08, 2009 11:53AM
The Trickster should be gone. smoking smiley We had to rebuild CF a bit, add some more protective features, but it's back now.

May 31, 2009 08:57PM
xDeanWinchesterx
Yes, still having issues - either an error message or a blank page after posting.

Please, don't try to post the same message more than once, the post should be posted and visible even after getting the error message or the blank page.

The forum might be up and down until the problem is fixed.

We also kindly ask all active (posting) members to report ANY problem IMMEDIATELY after noticing so we can start fixing it asap and thus be sure no problem would appear for too long.

Report to:

1. RSJ Admin mail - admin@rocksaltjournals.com
  2. RSJ Webmistress mail - webmistress@rocksaltjournals.com
  3. My mail - djw@rocksaltjournals.com
  4. RSJ Yahoo Messenger - rocksaltjournals

Thank you for your patience.

Here's hoping this can stay archived until the next scheduled maintenance. REMINDER: If you encounter problems with the forum, report them ASAP so we can get it fixed more quickly. Thanks everyone!
~Management
thumbs up
August 01, 2009 08:01PM
Updated 8/1/2009

avatar Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Forum Maintenance
August 11, 2009 07:47AM
Admin
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The whole forum might be available only for Admins on and off due to the changes that have been planned. Don't panic if you don't manage to load the page. It will mean you came just in the time when the maintenance work is being held. Try checking back later. You might find new things in the forum. winking smiley

Thanks for your understanding. You'd better understand. Or I might salt and burn ya.

Updated: 8/1/2009

Lookie, now you can. salt ... and burn

Not sure why the page is updating but the menu isn't. Sammy
Looks like I've got work to do. play

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 08:07AM by Mattie.
September 29, 2009 09:49PM
Some ladies reported error messages appearing after posting. Thanks for reporting the problem. The forum is re-opened now and should be ok.

But if you get any more error messages, let us know ASAP.

Re: IMPORTANT NOTICE: Forum Maintenance
January 19, 2010 09:57PM
Forum Maintenance Jan 19, 2010:

Our Maintenance of the Forum is now complete. Some of the Updates include:

• Added new Rules
  • Updated Book Club to "Book & Movie Club"
  • Moved Palace Theatre to "Book & Movie Club" Forum
  • Added new threads to Shifter Forum
  • Opened Road Trip thread
  • Combined some posts in Cooking Forum
  • Re-opened and Updated Posts in Complaint Department
  • Updated Online User Notification

We'd like to ask all our Members to re-familiarize themselves with our Forum Rules and Guidelines. If you have any questions, you can PM an Admin or use the Contact link at the bottom of the forum to send an e-mail.

Don't forget to have a look around at all the RSJ forums have to offer too. (Including the Parent Forums. winking smiley) Each section should be self-explanatory within the description. Note from Mattie: Updated FAQ Coming Soon!

Maintenance Update: Jan 30, 2010
Moved The Complaint Department thread to a Members Only, MODERATED forum. You MUST be logged in to view the thread. New Rules for the Complaint Department have been added. Please read before posting.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2010 10:59PM by Mattie.
January 24, 2010 03:16AM
We're aware there have been timeout issues and our database was down for a short time yesterday. Until the timeouts stop, we'll have a notice on the Main Site, www.rocksaltjournals.com. The issue appears to be only with the database and not the entire site. Sorry for any inconvenience.

In the meantime, if you're posting, I might recommend: 1. copy your post in case the timeout happens while the post is sending. 2. go out of the thread you're posting in and double check if it actually posted before trying to send it again (mine timed out but did post.)

April 04, 2011 11:59AM
Everyone, please read THIS ANNOUNCEMENT! You don't want to know what would happen to you if you don't read it. salt... and burn

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 86 on May 06, 2014
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 118.
Our newest member adoaxb.

This forum
Topics: 4, Posts: 27.