Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Banana Boat

Posted by numbr01banana 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gunnar Eyewear - Especially for Computers! How do you think I'll look in these? ~Mattie

Gunnar Eyewear Gunnar Gaming Eyewear PPK Cobalt/Snow Frame
April 21, 2009 06:19PM
For those of you who dont know. I have to do a cardboard boat race for my physics class. On the off chance you havent guessed, the name of our boat is going to be "Banana Boat". No i didn't chose it, though it fits perfect doesnt it?winking smileyLOL

Alright i promised a few of you a video of the actual race, which takes place next Tuesday. So I thought you should also be kept up to date on what kind of progress we are making.

First off, you get the history, rules and scoring of the event.
Here is the background of the whole event.
Some construction rules
event rules
some possible awards

now on to our progress.

heres the cardboard we start with.

making sure the measurments will work.

Update

So today we were able to decide what type of desine we wanted...finally...and were able to make a prototype.

we started by cutting out 3 scaled down pieces of poaster board
debated the possible ways we could make the front and finally just put it together
then it was time to see if it was ready for the water
then if it would hold any weight
now off to the real stuff (and they decided they were in pics i needed to be in someeye rolling smiley)
and we were able to put in the measurements for the real thing, so we can finally start cutting and gluing it all togethergrinning smileyarrr!

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2009 05:43PM by numbr01banana.
April 21, 2009 06:43PM
numbr01banana
For those of you who dont know. I have to do a cardboard boat race for my physics class. On the off chance you havent guessed, the name of our boat is going to be "Banana Boat". No i didn't chose it, though it fits perfect doesnt it?winking smileyLOL

Alright i promised a few of you a video of the actual race, which takes place next Tuesday. So I thought you should also be kept up to date on what kind of progress we are making.

some possible awards

*snorts when he reads about awards* Titanic award for the most spectacular sinking??? LOLLOLLOL Go for that one. grinning smiley

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~
April 22, 2009 02:54PM
xDeanWinchesterx
*snorts when he reads about awards* Titanic award for the most spectacular sinking??? LOLLOLLOL Go for that one. grinning smiley

yea Dean, thats what we're aiming for!eye rolling smileywinking smiley though, if we do happen to start sinking, we are most definately going to make it the most spectacular thing anyones ever seen!arrr!LOLLOLLOL

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
April 22, 2009 04:44PM
numbr01banana
yea Dean, thats what we're aiming for!eye rolling smileywinking smiley though, if we do happen to start sinking, we are most definately going to make it the most spectacular thing anyones ever seen!arrr!LOLLOLLOL

I bet. grinning smiley Hope it's taped.

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
April 22, 2009 05:18PM
xDeanWinchesterx

I bet. grinning smiley Hope it's taped.

the race? ive promised too many people vids not to tape it. so you'll get to see how it all turns out

April 23, 2009 07:30AM
numbr01banana
the race? ive promised too many people vids not to tape it. so you'll get to see how it all turns out

Good. I hope it turns out pretty... Titanic-ish. LOL

April 23, 2009 10:23PM
xDeanWinchesterx

Good. I hope it turns out pretty... Titanic-ish. LOL

hahaha well i hope it turns out pretty.
we're really looking for an A seems how its a test grade, and that involves finishing the race thank you very much. and michii says we dont want a titanic ending! so she's not pleased with youwinking smileywinking smileyLOL (told her id relay the message for her)

April 24, 2009 08:37AM
numbr01banana
hahaha well i hope it turns out pretty.
we're really looking for an A seems how its a test grade, and that involves finishing the race thank you very much. and michii says we dont want a titanic ending! so she's not pleased with youwinking smileywinking smileyLOL (told her id relay the message for her)

So you can tell her *I* am not pleased with her either. Unless it all ends under the water. smoking smileygrinning smiley

April 24, 2009 02:55PM
xDeanWinchesterx

So you can tell her *I* am not pleased with her either. Unless it all ends under the water. smoking smileygrinning smiley

*smirks* alrighty then, will do. however im really really really hoping it doesnt end under water thank youraspberry

April 24, 2009 04:54PM
numbr01banana
*smirks* alrighty then, will do. however im really really really hoping it doesnt end under water thank youraspberry

Chicken. tongue sticking out smiley

April 24, 2009 05:16PM
xDeanWinchesterx

Chicken. tongue sticking out smiley

noooo...i just need to prove to my teacher i can actually put a good effort into something, and i dont think a sinking boat would help me prove that much...he already thinks i dont do anything productive im sure.LMAO

April 25, 2009 02:42PM
numbr01banana
noooo...i just need to prove to my teacher i can actually put a good effort into something, and i dont think a sinking boat would help me prove that much...he already thinks i dont do anything productive im sure.LMAO

You never know what can prove what. boxingLMAO

April 25, 2009 02:48PM
xDeanWinchesterx

You never know what can prove what. boxingLMAO

ha very true.

by the way...i love this: boxing smileygrinning smileyheartheartheart

April 25, 2009 02:55PM
Update

Thursday we finally got our 4th person to help out
then we did more measuring and some creasing (evil people made me put that picture) and some gluing then waited for it to set so it looked like this at the end of the night.

Then we did some more measuring, cutting, and gluing and ended up waiting for it to dry again. and after more work, it looks like this

April 25, 2009 03:45PM
numbr01banana
ha very true.

by the way...i love this: boxing smileygrinning smileyheartheartheart

Yes, isn't he awesome? winking smiley

numbr01banana
Update

Thursday we finally got our 4th person to help out
then we did more measuring and some creasing (evil people made me put that picture) and some gluing then waited for it to set so it looked like this at the end of the night.

Then we did some more measuring, cutting, and gluing and ended up waiting for it to dry again. and after more work, it looks like this

It's missing one thing - TITANIC on the sides. LMAO

April 25, 2009 07:57PM
xDeanWinchesterx

Yes, isn't he awesome? winking smiley

It's missing one thing - TITANIC on the sides. LMAO

*nods* yes he is!!!

no the name isnt the only thing missing! and would you stop? your totally going to jinks this for me! and its not going to sink, at least not before we get 3/4 of the way through the course ok?arrr!arrr!winking smileyLMAO

...andthis is what we left it with tonight...still no painteye rolling smileyLOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 08:15PM by numbr01banana.
April 26, 2009 07:34AM
numbr01banana
*nods* yes he is!!!

No the name isnt the only thing missing! and would you stop? your totally going to jinks this for me! and its not going to sink, at least not before we get 3/4 of the way through the course ok?arrr!arrr!winking smileyLMAO

...andthis is what we left it with tonight...still no painteye rolling smileyLOL

*smiling* I'm not convinced yet.

April 26, 2009 10:21AM
eye popping smileyWhhaa I'm only seeing this now!!....this is so gonna be funnypopcorn Dean you just can't wait to see them in the water and laugh your head offgrinning smiley....Oh I can't wait to see thisLMAOLMAO Nan I heart that smiley toowinking smiley Now I'm going back to catch up on the rest of itPepsi

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."
April 26, 2009 10:30AM
xDeanWinchesterx

*bursts out laughing* oh Nan, sweetie, sorry but I really think you should go for that one tooLMAOLMAOgrinning smiley....I'd love to that boat thing...It would be so much fun!!smiling bouncing smiley

Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
April 26, 2009 04:10PM
Ursula

*bursts out laughing* oh Nan, sweetie, sorry but I really think you should go for that one tooLMAOLMAOgrinning smiley....I'd love to that boat thing...It would be so much fun!!smiling bouncing smiley

eekeek noooooooooooo!!!!!!!! sorry guys i really need to pass this, why does everyone want me to sink!?! or not believe im actually gonna be in the boat?

Dean what will it take to convince you?

April 26, 2009 04:17PM
We are FINALLY Done!!!!! after getting covered in glue, yellow and brown paint we are finally done! and this is what it looks like.
and this is what it looks like from the front.

April 26, 2009 06:52PM
Ursula
eye popping smileyWhhaa I'm only seeing this now!!....this is so gonna be funnypopcorn Dean you just can't wait to see them in the water and laugh your head offgrinning smiley....Oh I can't wait to see thisLMAOLMAO Nan I heart that smiley toowinking smiley Now I'm going back to catch up on the rest of itPepsi

*smiles*

Ursula

She should go for that one. winking smiley

April 26, 2009 06:57PM
numbr01banana
eekeek noooooooooooo!!!!!!!! sorry guys i really need to pass this, why does everyone want me to sink!?! or not believe im actually gonna be in the boat?

Dean what will it take to convince you?

Cause it'd be great to see you sink? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You don't have to convince ME, sweetheart. LMAO

numbr01banana
We are FINALLY Done!!!!! after getting covered in glue, yellow and brown paint we are finally done! and this is what it looks like.
and this is what it looks like from the front.

*watching it* Hmmmmmmm...

April 26, 2009 07:18PM
xDeanWinchesterx

Cause it'd be great to see you sink? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You don't have to convince ME, sweetheart. LMAO

*watching it* Hmmmmmmm...

*pouts* but i dont wanna sinkSammy

ha true, however im trying to convince myself we'll make it the whole course w.o sinking, or at least 3/4 of the way would be great! haha guess michii and i gotta finish fast.

April 26, 2009 08:28PM
numbr01banana
*pouts* but i dont wanna sinkSammy

ha true, however im trying to convince myself we'll make it the whole course w.o sinking, or at least 3/4 of the way would be great! haha guess michii and i gotta finish fast.

*chuckles* Good luck.

April 26, 2009 10:14PM
*looks at him* yea i got excited but this is gonna be so friggin' funny...wow nan you guys put a lot of work into it...sorry i know you wanna pass but i really wanna see it sinkLMAO seen the pics its pretty good! Unsure it'll make it across water....mind you i dont know much about boats....but i hope you do well...and like he said good luck!

Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2009 10:17PM by Ursula.
April 27, 2009 05:39AM
Ursula
*looks at him* yea i got excited but this is gonna be so friggin' funny...wow nan you guys put a lot of work into it...sorry i know you wanna pass but i really wanna see it sinkLMAO seen the pics its pretty good! Unsure it'll make it across water....mind you i dont know much about boats....but i hope you do well...and like he said good luck!

*snorts* So much for being mean. tongue sticking out smiley

April 27, 2009 02:00PM
xDeanWinchesterx
*snorts* So much for being mean. tongue sticking out smiley

What? It'll be funny....besides you wanna see it sink as much as I doraspberry but I would like to see them do wellwinking smiley....Oooh Nan I have an idea...you could do well, then make it sink....provides entertainment to us and you get a good grade.LMAO

Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
April 27, 2009 02:48PM
xDeanWinchesterx

*chuckles* Good luck.

why thank you!

Ursula

ooohhhh thats what eveyone thinks!!!!!LMAOLMAO my friends dad came out while we were working on it, thought we were joking then said, you guys should just sink!eye rolling smileyLMAO

and as for finishing then sinking, i can live with that. may just have michii tip it afterwards with me cause they're just teasing me with being in a pool, but not allowed to actually be in it. soooo...it may just have to sink at the endarrr!LMAO

by the way...love all the new smilies!!!! (though im all turned around looking for them nowwinking smileyLMAO)

April 27, 2009 03:12PM
numbr01banana
ooohhhh thats what eveyone thinks!!!!!LMAOLMAO my friends dad came out while we were working on it, thought we were joking then said, you guys should just sink!eye rolling smileyLMAO

and as for finishing then sinking, i can live with that. may just have michii tip it afterwards with me cause they're just teasing me with being in a pool, but not allowed to actually be in it. soooo...it may just have to sink at the endarrr!LMAO

by the way...love all the new smilies!!!! (though im all turned around looking for them nowwinking smileyLMAO)

That's what everyone knowsLMAO See even himLMAO I knew you would agree!grinning smiley...hmmm ok. Goodgrinning smiley

(Me tooheartsmiling bouncing smiley...yea ya kinda have to look carefully for them....until we get used to them)

Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 11
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 4, Posts: 89.