Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Study Hall!!!!!

Posted by GauntletsAngel 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
February 20, 2009 07:57PM
I didn't see a single post in this forum and, being a student, couldn't leave it that way, so what's up, what's going on? I can't be the only student here, so what grades do we have, majors, schools, best subjects, worst subjects, you get the picture, yeah? Great! Start talking.

High School: Mount Carmel High School, Mount Carmel, Illinois.
Class: 2001
Best Subject: Choir
Worst Subject: Trig

Current: University of Phoenix
Class: 2010
Strengths: English
Weakness: Mathematics
Program: Communications

Admin: The thread name edit. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use smiley codes in the names of threads.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2009 01:35PM by xDeanWinchesterx.
February 21, 2009 09:15PM
Believe me, you're not the only student here. It's why we set up the library in the first place. (ok, and to give Sam a place to hide. I think he's stuck in the library basement somewhere. lemme know if you find him, will ya?)

Ummmm, does dreaming about being back in school count?
confused
February 23, 2009 01:41PM
Hey! No your not the only student! Didnt see this until today...worst subject in highschool had to be math surprise surprise...best probably English and Irish and music(even if I have forgotten most of the Irish I learned) college:MBC
Class: TA
Majoring: haven't decided on that yet.
March 10, 2009 09:36AM
eye popping smileyeye popping smileynot sure how im just now coming across this...but great idea G!!!

ok so im a high school student, senior year...finally!!! still dont know what college, though ive narrowed it down. and not sure what ill be majoring in, though im definately looking at pre-med at the moment.

Class: 2009
Best subject: Ive gotta say its a tie between my math and science classes
worst subject: Is most definately english

hmm i seem to be the oposite of you two...maybe ive found a place to get help with my english?

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
March 24, 2009 06:00PM
numbr01banana
eye popping smileyeye popping smileynot sure how im just now coming across this...but great idea G!!!

ok so im a high school student, senior year...finally!!! still dont know what college, though ive narrowed it down. and not sure what ill be majoring in, though im definately looking at pre-med at the moment.

Class: 2009
Best subject: Ive gotta say its a tie between my math and science classes
worst subject: Is most definately english

hmm i seem to be the oposite of you two...maybe ive found a place to get help with my english?

Well I wouldn't be a good teacher other wise but I'm like Mattie I like to learn so no doubt I'll drift into new things along the waywinking smileyLOL

Never mind, I'll find someone like you
I wish nothing but the best for you
Don't forget me, I beg
I remember you said,
"Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead."
June 25, 2009 08:36PM
Looks as if I'm late to this topic.

Middle school- ***** *****
Class- '09
Best Subject- Social Studies
Worst Subject- Math

Current- ***** ***** High school (I'll be freshmeat- sorry I mean a freshman)
Will be the Class of 2014 I think when I graduate
No ideas what my worst and best subjects will be.

Admin edit: Removed school names.

<3 Zack <3

"Pain is Temporary - Pride is forever"
Lax forever
There are two times of the year that stir the blood.
In the fall, for the hunt,
and now for lacrosse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2009 06:38PM by Mattie.
June 30, 2009 06:42PM
Jess
Looks as if I'm late to this topic.

Middle school- ***** *****
Class- '09
Best Subject- Social Studies
Worst Subject- Math

Current- ***** ***** High school (I'll be freshmeat- sorry I mean a freshman)
Will be the Class of 2014 I think when I graduate
No ideas what my worst and best subjects will be.

Admin edit: Removed school names.

Hey Jess, wanted to let you know why I edited your post. It's better not to list your school in a public forum. We may be small, but you never know who might be lurking. Better to be safe. (I know G listed hers, but I also know it's not a physical school where someone could find her easily too. winking smiley)

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
June 30, 2009 06:48PM
Mattie
Hey Jess, wanted to let you know why I edited your post. It's better not to list your school in a public forum. We may be small, but you never know who might be lurking. Better to be safe. (I know G listed hers, but I also know it's not a physical school where someone could find her easily too. winking smiley)

Ah, ok, thanks Mattie.

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
October 07, 2009 12:22PM
*Walks in and sit down*

OMG I HATE SCHOOLmoody smiley *Gets out E-con book* Hey if anyone knows how to do e-con please help.

*starts writing down vocab*

안녕하세요, 당신 은요? 저요? 난 괜찮아요 당신이 물어 봐 줘서 고마워요.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2009 03:24PM by Scofield4424.
October 09, 2009 01:44PM
I'll trade your Econ for Philosophy, at least you have right and wrong answers.headdesk

What if all we see or seem is but a dream within a dream? ~RMD 5H2~
October 09, 2009 02:18PM
Scofield4424
*Walks in and sit down*

OMG I HATE SCHOOLmoody smiley *Gets out E-con book* Hey if anyone knows how to do e-con please help.

*starts writing down vocab*

Alright, you hate school so that's why I'm gonna give you some grades. A for talking about school in the appropriate thread. F for creating a thread that's already been here. So altogether it's C, which is a good start. winking smiley Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with your thread, Miss Holly Wood but GauntletsAngel beat you to creating that one, and though it might seem a bit too nitpicky to merge the same topics into one now, it's only 'cause we don't have as many threads yet. If we want the forum organized, someone must be a b*tch about it, and I'll gladly take that part. LMAO

FOR ALL!!! A simple rule for creating new threads everywhere in the forum: You wanna create a thread, have a look if there isn't already one with the same topic, if not, go ahead and create one, if there is, post in the existing one and don't create a shifter one ( = a thread with the same topic - explanation for the less fortunate ones raspberry ).

I hate to break it to you, ladies, but I don't work well with shifters of any kind. I'll see a shifter thread, I'll gank it. knife

And one last thing: Don't tell me, ladies, that that "having a look" part would take too long. That's why we have a search function here. So really, learn to use it. raspberry

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~
October 23, 2009 08:54PM
Today's subject is.... PHILOSOPHY.salt... and burn I am embarassed and abhor to admit that this is extremely boring. If I don't work tonight, I don't get to play tomorrow, so any help would be awesome.

Here are my discussion questions (which are already late):

Post your response to the following: What role does justice play in post-colonial philosophy? Why was an education in philosophy important for post-colonial thinkers? How did financial considerations and the international market affect the pre-colonial, colonial, and post-colonial world's experiences with justice and injustice?

Post your response to the following: How did Mary Wollstonecraft affect first-wave feminism? How did Simone de Beauvoir's writing shape the second wave? How did the events of the first and second wave affect each other?

October 24, 2009 08:27PM
GauntletsAngel
Today's subject is.... PHILOSOPHY.salt... and burn I am embarassed and abhor to admit that this is extremely boring. If I don't work tonight, I don't get to play tomorrow, so any help would be awesome.

Post your response to the following: What role does justice play in post-colonial philosophy? Why was an education in philosophy important for post-colonial thinkers? How did financial considerations and the international market affect the pre-colonial, colonial, and post-colonial world's experiences with justice and injustice?

Post your response to the following: How did Mary Wollstonecraft affect first-wave feminism? How did Simone de Beauvoir's writing shape the second wave? How did the events of the first and second wave affect each other?

confusedconfusedconfused I got... nothing. confusedconfusedI'm outta here!

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
October 24, 2009 09:36PM
xDeanWinchesterx
confusedconfusedconfused I got... nothing. confusedconfusedI'm outta here!

Same here.eye popping smileyconfusedS.O.S.yeah, that

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
October 25, 2009 01:08AM
GauntletsAngel

sorry G wish i could help. . .but me? im gonna stay as far away from all that as possible, I'd totally fail a course like that!

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
October 25, 2009 11:05PM
LMFAO!!!!!!LOL At least I'm not the only one completely getting my teeth kicked in by this course. I did get the first one in, but I have communications stuff to take care of before I can start studying the feminists, at least that part should be interesting.shot in the head

October 28, 2009 09:05AM
GauntletsAngel
LMFAO!!!!!!LOL At least I'm not the only one completely getting my teeth kicked in by this course. I did get the first one in, but I have communications stuff to take care of before I can start studying the feminists, at least that part should be interesting.shot in the head

Feminists? Interesting? Oh key. tongue sticking out smiley

October 28, 2009 05:22PM
Well, I'm officially screwed. Failed Philosophy. Still have my Com class, but I'll have to pay for this one later. oops Where the hell is Sam when you need him!?S.O.S.

October 31, 2009 07:25AM
GauntletsAngel
Well, I'm officially screwed. Failed Philosophy. Still have my Com class, but I'll have to pay for this one later. oops Where the hell is Sam when you need him!?S.O.S.

Playing poker, I guess. winking smiley Someone must earn some money. LMAO

November 02, 2009 03:50PM
I'll bet he could take you... raspberryLMAO

November 04, 2009 03:54AM
GauntletsAngel
I'll bet he could take you... raspberryLMAO

He might. But I'm sure he wouldn't every time. grinning smileywinking smiley Once out of 10 games maybe. LMAO Alright, three times. grinning smiley

November 04, 2009 06:56PM
*Reads back* Oops, sorry, GA, but being a teacher (albiet to preschoolers) I didn't get to this on time...?Did you try googling "role of philosophy in Colonial era? Is there any "extra credit" way to salvage your grade? ( I always offered extra credit in different media...when I taught middle or high school...)surrounded by sharks

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.
January 13, 2010 04:27PM
I need help with this quote

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."

I know it latin. Maybe a winchester can help me?

"Darling," you said. "we're a train wreck."

"Sweetheart," I said, " train wreaks always make the front page."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2010 04:29PM by Slevin36219.
January 13, 2010 06:25PM
Slevin36219
I need help with this quote

"Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori."

I know it latin. Maybe a winchester can help me?

Google, Gumby, Google.

"It is glorious and honourable to die for one's country." or "It is sweet and right to die for one's country." Something like that.

It's a line from the Roman lyrical poet Horace's Odes.

January 13, 2010 06:41PM
xDeanWinchesterx
Google, Gumby, Google.

"It is glorious and honourable to die for one's country." or "It is sweet and right to die for one's country." Something like that.

It's a line from the Roman lyrical poet Horace's Odes.

Thank you so much, totally just save my a**

"Darling," you said. "we're a train wreck."

"Sweetheart," I said, " train wreaks always make the front page."
January 15, 2010 08:17PM
Slevin36219
Thank you so much, totally just save my a**

I'll remind you some time. tongue sticking out smileywinking smiley

January 26, 2010 03:36PM
Hey guys, wanna help a girl out?

So I've been told i need people's interpretations of this painting then present it somehow most likely a poem. . .you can either write a poem or I'll just combine a few ideas and write one. . .maybe. . .soooo If y'all could help out and just give me your ideas? what ya see? feel? whatever comes to mind. . .stuff like that, itd be a GREAT help thanks.

January 29, 2010 01:50PM
numbr01banana
Hey guys, wanna help a girl out?

So I've been told i need people's interpretations of this painting then present it somehow most likely a poem. . .you can either write a poem or I'll just combine a few ideas and write one. . .maybe. . .soooo If y'all could help out and just give me your ideas? what ya see? feel? whatever comes to mind. . .stuff like that, itd be a GREAT help thanks.

Something with movement maybe? I don't know
Yeah, I got nothing. I don't know

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
January 29, 2010 04:59PM
Well, I see two knights in heavy armor fighting each other. whistle2

January 31, 2010 01:55PM
Mattie

Something with movement maybe? I don't know
Yeah, I got nothing. I don't know

xDeanWinchesterx
Well, I see two knights in heavy armor fighting each other. whistle2

LMAOnice one Dean

Thanks guys! Mattie I kinda took the movement thing and ran with it. . .another friend saw it and said "Corn fields!" so i added that in somehow. . .it'll workLMAOLOLLMAO thanks again!

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 4, Posts: 89.