Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to boil water...

Posted by Mattie 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
November 27, 2008 12:36AM
Have a tip you want to share? Need to know how to do something? I decided to start a "how to..." thread just for that. B)

Oh, and if you thought I was going to tell you how to boil water... I am. :D

Fill your small sized pan with water. Set it on the stovetop and turn the burner on High. Set a timer for 6 - 8 minutes and WALK AWAY. :D ;)
November 27, 2008 12:39AM
How to open a jar...
You don't need a fancy gadget or superhero to open a pickle (or olive ;) ) jar. All you need is a good, old-fashioned bottle opener. D:) /:-)

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2008 12:41AM by Mattie.
November 27, 2008 12:52AM
And this is what inspired the thread in the first place. I boiled some eggs the other day and got impatient with them. 8-) So instead of a beautifully yellow yolk, I got that weird gray layer around the yolks. Want to know how to make the perfect boiled eggs so that doesn't happen? Here's how...

Fill the pan with COLD water so that it covers your eggs. Follow your instructions for "how to boil water" ;) and bring the pan to a "rolling boil." It is what it sounds like - you want the water moving the eggs around it's boiling so much. When it reaches a rolling boil, cover tightly, turn the burner OFF and set a timer for 17 minutes. At the end of 17 minutes, come back, pour the water off and run cold water over the eggs until they're cool enough to pick up. The yolks should be perfectly yellow. :B

(another tip, and this is why I got impatient - when you turn off the burner and cover the pot, drop a family-sized tea bag in with the eggs. it gives the eggs a nice color and makes a nice, strong tea at the same time. just don't do what I did and get impatient with the boiling water or take the eggs out before 17 minutes. I did both 8-) )
December 08, 2008 10:23PM
How to make your own mayonnaise: Homemade Mayo

I LOVE this recipe. I used a honey mustard and fresh parsley one to go with my homemade onion rings. (onion ring recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri)

Add garlic and you've made aioli. cool smiley

January 12, 2009 11:24AM
Mattie
How to make your own mayonnaise: Homemade Mayo

I LOVE this recipe. I used a honey mustard and fresh parsley one to go with my homemade onion rings. (onion ring recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri)

Add garlic and you've made aioli. cool smiley

Can I ask what a honey mustard is? Maybe it's just an expression I don't know. oops

January 12, 2009 11:41AM
Husitka
Can I ask what a honey mustard is? Maybe it's just an expression I don't know. oops

Oh! I'm sorry hun. I try to remember people on the boards that aren't used to "all things American" but I don't always know what is or isn't. oops
"Honey mustard" is just what it sounds like. Mustard made with honey in it, so it's not as strong as other mustards and has a sweet flavor to it. Did that help? oops heart
January 12, 2009 01:35PM
Mattie
Oh! I'm sorry hun. I try to remember people on the boards that aren't used to "all things American" but I don't always know what is or isn't. oops
"Honey mustard" is just what it sounds like. Mustard made with honey in it, so it's not as strong as other mustards and has a sweet flavor to it. Did that help? oops heart

It's ok. I'm used to asking if I don't know. Yes, it did. Thanks.

By the way, I love strong mustards, a little hot too. I don't know how else to describe it. But the ones that 'sting' a bit.

January 12, 2009 01:48PM
Husitka
Mattie

It's ok. I'm used to asking if I don't know. Yes, it did. Thanks.

By the way, I love strong mustards, a little hot too. I don't know how else to describe it. But the ones that 'sting' a bit.
Ohhhh, I do too! heart But, IDK, I kinda like my mayo more smooth (not sure how to describe that either). So the honey mustard fit that "smoothness" perfectly. oops
January 12, 2009 02:00PM
Mattie
Ohhhh, I do too! heart But, IDK, I kinda like my mayo more smooth (not sure how to describe that either). So the honey mustard fit that "smoothness" perfectly. oops

Yes, I think it's my Hungarian part. Hungarian cuisine is known for 'hot' meals and 'hot' ingredients. It's spicy but really really delicious. My other part is used to spicy food too, as my Mum does wonders with spices. heart

I think I got what you meant. Ok, I must go now but I hope to come back soon. I really love this place.heart

January 12, 2009 06:12PM
Husitka

Yeah, good strong stuff. grinning smiley

Husitka
Yes, I think it's my Hungarian part. Hungarian cuisine is known for 'hot' meals and 'hot' ingredients. It's spicy but really really delicious. My other part is used to spicy food too, as my Mum does wonders with spices. heart

I think I got what you meant. Ok, I must go now but I hope to come back soon. I really love this place.heart

Sounds really awesome. grinning smiley

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 3
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 86 on May 06, 2014
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 124.
Our newest member dipeshearlys.

This forum
Topics: 4, Posts: 101.