Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kim Manners

Posted by Jess 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for Dean's amulet? Look no further than the WB Shop!
Free 2 Day Shipping until December 18th!
March 21, 2009 11:57PM
He passed away awhile back, did anyone know?

<3 Zack <3

"Pain is Temporary - Pride is forever"
Lax forever
There are two times of the year that stir the blood.
In the fall, for the hunt,
and now for lacrosse.
Re: Kim Manners
March 26, 2009 06:17PM
Yes, I had heard about on the CW Forum, lung cancer I think. :(

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.
-Carl Sagan
April 08, 2009 01:46PM
Jess

Hi, Jess. Thanks for posting this. We're such a small forum I didn't think whether people would come here for "news" or not yet. I think it's a great idea to have our own Tribute thread. I moved your thread to the 'cast and crew' section and I'll make it a sticky until the end of the season.

It was a great loss to the entire Supernatural family, and from what I understand, he was quite ill for some time with lung cancer.

CW has an official thread, [lounge.cwtv.com], or anyone can leave their comments here too.

I don't have the link to Jim Beaver's myspace page, where it was first announced, but here are some quotes from Jim, courtesy of Support Supernatural:
Jim's myspace status, where fans first learned the news:
"is in mourning for one of the best friends and best directors he's ever known--Kim Manners."

November 2008 Interview -
"The "Supernatural" set IS a fun place to be. It's a little less fun this year, with budget cuts and illness causing much longer hours and a drooping morale. But it's still better than any hundred other sets I could name for you. The people are splendid, absolutely splendid, some of my favorite people in my entire life."

Official Statement and Quote from Eric Kripke:
"Everyone at 'Supernatural' is walking around in a daze, shocked and absolutely devastated. Kim was a brilliant director; more than that, he was a mentor and friend. He was one of the patriarchs of the family, and we miss him desperately. He gave so much to 'Supernatural, ' and everything we do on the show, now and forever, is in memory of him."

As you probably know by now, instead of dedicating one episode to Kim, Supernatural has dedicated the entire season to him. I hope there's a tribute on the DVD too. While we can't imagine how the cast and crew are feeling, we still all feel this tremendous loss. sad smiley

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
April 08, 2009 03:19PM
Thanks Mattie, I never he had passed until I was watching an episode online and saw the tribute at the end of the show, freaked me out.
July 19, 2009 10:09AM
Jess

Yes, I knew about it. I've read he'd been ill for a very long time and that the illness had been serious, cancer. But it was a complete surprise for me. sad smiley

I liked these pictures and I think they are decent enough to post them here:

R.I.P., Mr Manners. I even like your surname as if it said what good manners all SN cast & crew have.

September 21, 2009 07:03PM
H, thank you for the beautiful photos. Those were great. hug

NOTICE: For everyone who doesn't know, Supernatural fans have been creating quite a stir on Twitter. When the Season Five premier aired, they managed to get #LuciferisComing into the Twitter Trending Topics, and thanks to P. Diddy, have the term banned all in one day. Their follow up campaign for episode two was also quickly banned. Why am I mentioning this here? Supernatural fans are a force to be reckoned with. Last night during the Primetime Emmy Awards, Kim Manners was blatantly left out of their In Memoriam segment. sad smiley

Supernatural fans have taken this to heart... and to arms. This Thursday, a new campaign on Twitter is going to start. Because we don't want the topic banned this time, a few rules for how to post topics for twitter. It doesn't matter how often you post the topic - it's how many people post. By adding the twitter hashtag (#) to every post, they consider it spamming and have started banning users as well as the topics themselves. So if you're on Twitter, spread the word to all your friends to post this Thursday (only once is necessary, however).

RockSaltJournals is backing this campaign 100%. I'm asking that everyone on our forum post the following 'tweet' on Thursday:

RT @YellowRoseKat Remembering Kim Manners http://ow.ly/2bpTMK @Primetimeemmys #RIPKimManners #emmys #epicfail

The link goes to my blog post regarding the Emmys treatment of Mr. Manners (hence the RT @me embarrassed). I'll be back to add a specific time if I find out there is one. Let's not let Kim Manners be forgotten by his own industry! arrr!

edit: updated tweet text.

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 07:50PM by Mattie.
December 30, 2009 06:20PM
Mattie
H, thank you for the beautiful photos. Those were great. hug

I loved them too. And I'm back again. eye rolling smileygrinning smiley

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 13, Posts: 73.