Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Mother of All Supernatural Road Trips

Posted by Admin 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gunnar Eyewear - Especially for Computers! How do you think I'll look in these? ~Mattie

Gunnar Eyewear Gunnar Gaming Eyewear PPK Cobalt/Snow Frame
The Mother of All Supernatural Road Trips
January 19, 2010 08:11PM
The original premise:
Posted by our own GauntletsAngel on CW. Please feel free to post your thoughts, ideas, and Road Trip Experiences and/or Requests in this thread. (Posts are currently Moderated. Your post will appear after approval from a moderator or admin.)

GauntletsAngel on CW

Original Post: So, I was thinking about meeting a few of my internet buddies in various places around the states and found myself inspired, I bet a person could make it throughout the country more than once just by crashing with Supernatural fans for a few days (or less) providing that the fans feed the traveler. The only variables are gas money and any repairs that might be needed, but I still think it's workable, if fans would be into it.

Idea 1: There needs to be a point to this supernaturally insane road trip, so I was thinking of following the boys around, only not all of the places they go actually exist.

Idea 2: [Go to] haunted/cool places throughout the states, or maybe just the cool things that the fans want to show about their area. Of course photos and complete web journal entries would be included so fans could follow along.

Idea 3: We could still have a site and every day/week/month/whatever someone from a different part of the world can send in pictures or video and an article about the place they live, an attraction they live near (like the Winchester House) or some adventure that they've had.

Idea 4: (from sntiger): I had a thought, what about something like passing the .... torch, so to speak. The person starting would have an item, possibly a scrapbook or journal of somekind. They would travel to a new town or state near them and visit someplace SN worthy and then pass the book to a new SN fan. This would hopefully work it's way across the states and hopefully end up back at the starting point with all of the places logged with info and pics. We could also keep track of the book online and that would be a good way to find the next fan. Once it goes full circle we could send it to Kripke to share with the guys and everyone. He might even get a few ideas! Just a thought.

So, yeah, what do you think? Could I get enough people into the idea so that I could quit my job and travel the country for a little while? Would you be willing to a. put a stranger up for the night? b. donate money to the cause? c. show me some cool sights to share with other fans? Could you actually do these things? Do you have ideas to make it more interesting, questions, comments, concerns, etc... *bounces* Looking for feedback, peeps!
grinning smiley shot in the head

From RSJ: We love this idea so much, we'd like to incorporate it into our main Site. If we can get enough input not just around the country but around the world, we'd like to include any photos, stories and entries into a Supernatural Road Trip Journal on our site for all fans to follow along with us.

Note: By posting in this forum, you give RockSaltJournals.com permission to use the post in other areas of the RockSaltJournals.com web site. You also agree to our Privacy Policy, including our Hold Harmless Agreement and that you have the right to post any content you provide, without infringing on the rights, copyrights or protections held by other parties. Please remember to get permission before taking photos, videos, or copying stories from other properties or web sites. (We may ask where your source material is from before reposting to our Site.) Please do not trespass upon someone's property in order to provide stories for the Road Trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 11:44PM by Mattie.
Re: The Mother of All Supernatural Road Trips
January 20, 2010 04:26AM
  1. WRITING - Jess, Blue, Realhuntress
  2. PHOTOS - Blue, Realhuntress
  3. GRAPHICS - Jess, Realhuntress
  4. CODING - Mattie
  5. PRINTED COPIES
  6. PROMOTION
  7. OTHER

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2010 04:38PM by Husitka.
avatar Re: The Mother of All Supernatural Road Trips
February 02, 2010 04:13PM
Digital Supernatural-like Scrapbook

Hello, everyone!

GauntletsAngel's CW thread was originally about a planned real roadtrip around places mentioned or seen in Supernatural but finally crystallised into starting a digital journal of "supernatural" places all around the world.

We'd like to know if you're interested in helping us. If so, please post here in this thread.

We're looking for people:

1. who can write (about interesting haunted, mysterious, Supernatural-like places which they have visited, know about...)
  2. who can take photos of such places, have such photos or know someone who has such photos
  3. who are skilled in graphics (photomanipulations, drawings, sketches...)
  4. who can help with incorporating the journal into the site (coding, print option...)
  5. who can help us with getting a few printed copies to the Supernatural cast and crew (Jared, Jensen, Eric...)
  6. who can find other people interested in helping us with the journal (the more we'll get, the more interesting the journal will become)
  7. other (PLEASE SPECIFY HOW YOU WANT TO HELP)

If you're interested, please post here and write how you want to help (numbers 1 - 7 according to the list above; please specify if you choose number 7).

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!
grinning smiley

February 02, 2010 04:23PM
Husitka

Hello, everyone!

GauntletsAngel's CW thread was originally about a planned real roadtrip around places mentioned or seen in Supernatural but finally crystallised into starting a digital journal of "supernatural" places all around the world.

We'd like to know if you're interested in helping us. If so, please post here in this thread.

1. who can write (about interesting haunted, mysterious, Supernatural-like places which they have visited, know about...)
  2. who can take photos of such places, have such photos or know someone who has such photos
  4. who can help with incorporating the journal into the site (coding, print option...)
  5. who can help us with getting a few printed copies to the Supernatural cast and crew (Jared, Jensen, Eric...)
  6. who can find other people interested in helping us with the journal (the more we'll get, the more interesting the journal will become)

If you're interested, please post here and write how you want to help (numbers 1 - 7 according to the list above; please specify if you choose number 7).

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!
grinning smiley

*starts taking notes* note to self

Thanks for putting so much effort into this G and H! I've got #4 covered! thumbs up
hmmmm... print option... note to self

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
February 02, 2010 05:56PM
I'm ready and I got a few friends ready to help too. grinning smiley

Number 1, I can help with.
Photos, on number two? If I can get someone to drive me then yeah, but for right now, its a maybe.
number 3? I can draw and all that, but when it comes to playing with photoshop, my poor pc is too old.

I'll get Tyler(friend of mine and member here) to help me with a lot of those things also.

<3 Zack <3

"Pain is Temporary - Pride is forever"
Lax forever
There are two times of the year that stir the blood.
In the fall, for the hunt,
and now for lacrosse.
February 03, 2010 05:01PM
Mattie

Thanks for putting so much effort into this G and H! I've got #4 covered! thumbs up

We've counted on your help all along. winking smiley

Jess
I'm ready and I got a few friends ready to help too. grinning smiley

Number 1, I can help with.
Photos, on number two? If I can get someone to drive me then yeah, but for right now, its a maybe.
number 3? I can draw and all that, but when it comes to playing with photoshop, my poor pc is too old.

I'll get Tyler(friend of mine and member here) to help me with a lot of those things also.

Thank you very much, Jess. If your friends want to help, we'd be really happy. Signing up for the forum would make updating everyone easier. But if they don't want to register, we'd need their email addresses (PM them to me, please, we don't want that sort of personal information posted publicly).

We need more people to help! Sammy

February 03, 2010 06:23PM
I'll research around here to see what I can find and if there is anything worth doing...I'll photo and write ...submit it to you all to see if you want to use any of it..yahoo

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.
February 03, 2010 07:30PM
Husitka

Hello, everyone!

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!
grinning smiley
Not sure how much I can help, but i could work on 1, maybe 2 and 3.

Whoa! De'ja moo - I've heard this bull before!
February 04, 2010 04:37PM
Blue
I'll research around here to see what I can find and if there is anything worth doing...I'll photo and write ...submit it to you all to see if you want to use any of it..yahoo

That's great. Thank you. If you know of any other people who would like to help, please let them know.

Realhuntress
Not sure how much I can help, but i could work on 1, maybe 2 and 3.

Thank you, Realhuntress. Any help is appreciated.

February 07, 2010 08:33AM
I thought I could share some of the legends related to my hometown to start our journal. Here are two maps so you can see what country and region I will be talking about.

Czech Republic
My hometown, Tábor (You can click on the Tábor marker in this map and read something about my town on Wikipedia. smiling smiley )

Mysteries of the Jordán Dam

(The first picture is from 1903, the second picture is more recent.)

The Jordán Dam was created in 1492 to provide a sufficient supply of drinking water for the whole town. It is the oldest valley dam in Central Europe, and spreads on the area of 50 hectares (123.6 acres) and reaches a depth of 14 metres (45.9 feet). ... and burn 1-H-7

There are many legends about this dam that generations of Tábor inhabitants have been telling. About a treasure which is said to be on the bottom of the dam in a Nazi train that fell into it in the times of World War II, about a monster which swims under its surface, about a knight and his horse that are heard during storms...

I haven't seen neither the knight, nor the monster during my walks around Jordán, but I find the dam to be a very magical place and I wouldn't be too surprised if those legends were true. winking smiley

The legends still live on because Jordán hasn't been emptied out since 1830. It could change in near future because the town representatives have been thinking about emptying it out again to clean it.

The Knight Cove

This cove is the deepest spot of the Jordán dam. The legend has it that the cove is as deep as the spire of the catholic church on Žižka square is tall (see the picture below). But the spire reaches up to 87 metres (285.4 ft) and the likely depth of the cove is only about 12.5 metres (41 ft). The cove has been named after a rock that towers over it. The rock bears the name Knight because the legend has it that a Swedish soldier fell into the cove even with his horse during the times of the Swedish army invasion. Another version of the legend says that it was a Hussite knight who fell into the cove. The knight and his horse's ghosts wake up during storms and heavy rains over the Jordán and can be heard if you're close to the cove.

The Loch Ness of Tábor

There is another well-known legend about a monster living in the Jordán dam. Many people claim that something large and unpleasant touched them while they were swimming in the dam. Others say that something "showered" them with a jet of water when they were walking around the dam. Some say that the monster is in fact an abnormally large catfish.

The treasure of the Nazi army

The legend says that at the end of World War II a Nazi train derailed on a hill near Jordán and fell into the dam. According to the legend, the train was transporting a Nazi treasure and keeps waiting for its founders on the bottom of the dam. smiling smiley

THE PICTURES I USED AREN'T MINE!

Admin edit: Broken link deleted

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 08:54PM by DeanJW.
February 12, 2010 05:55PM
Husitka
I thought I could share some of the legends related to my hometown to start our journal. Here are two maps so you can see what country and region I will be talking about.

Czech Republic
My hometown, Tábor (You can click on the Tábor marker in this map and read something about my town on Wikipedia. smiling smiley )

Mysteries of the Jordán Dam

The Knight Cove

The Loch Ness of Tábor

The treasure of the Nazi army

THE PICTURES I USED AREN'T MINE!

Thanks for sharing the stories H! applause

I love all of them, but I think the Loch Ness one is my favorite. (And you know, even if they empty it, maybe she has underground caverns she can hide in winking smiley). I'm going with monster rather than catfish on that one. thumbs up (ohhh, but if there are fishies in the water, what happens to them if they empty it???)

I've seen a few stories about Nazis hiding their treasure in the Czech Republic on the history channel and this would so explain why no one can find it! It's as if the dam itself helped your country take their treasures from them and hide it! Batman

It's a beautiful country. I hope we get to visit there one day. love

March 07, 2010 06:23PM
Mattie

Note to self note to self (everyone else can just ignore. nothing to see here, I just came across this and didn't want to forget to include it. move along now.)

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />

</head>

http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly-resources/css/print-stylesheet.shtml

Template directory file path: href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/print.css" media="print" />

April 24, 2010 12:30AM
Husitka

Hello, everyone!

WE'VE GOT WORK TO DO!
grinning smiley

Y'all do get I meant ignore THISvvv..... not THAT ^^^^? Right? Kelly Levi Kelly Bueller...? Bueller...?

Mattie
Note to self note to self (everyone else can just ignore. nothing to see here, I just came across this and didn't want to forget to include it. move along now.)

<head>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css" media="print" />

</head>

http://www.webcredible.co.uk/user-friendly-resources/css/print-stylesheet.shtml

Template directory file path: href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/print.css" media="print" />

May 25, 2010 09:09AM
No posts here either??? My stories might not have been that interesting but it doesn't mean that other stories cannot be better. There can't be any journal without people participating! paddlewinking smiley

October 06, 2010 02:12PM
I LOVED your stories, just don't have anything to add. I swear I'm this // close to quitting my job and roaming around with or without help, so maybe someday... Sammy

P.S. Anyone know anything about WorKamping?

What if all we see or seem is but a dream within a dream? ~RMD 5H2~
June 29, 2011 09:08PM
The Espy House

The house is located on the corner of Abercorn and East Wayne in downtown Savannah in the Calhoun Square. During the time of Prohibition, it was the home of the Espy family. The Espy patriarch, Carl Espy, was a judge who made extra money bootlegging alcohol. Known to have a particularly bad temper, Carl Espy ruled his home with an iron fist. He is said to have killed his wife, while his daughter, hidden in their elevator nearby, witnessed it. Because he was a judge, no charges were ever filed nor arrest made.
Next door to the mansion is a Methodist Church. Wesley Espy was the judge’s son and a
deacon at the church. A local gangster, who is associated with Judge Espy, was
dating a girl who attended this Methodist Church. However it happened, Wesley
and this girl began some kind of relationship. The gangster and Wesley’s father
wanted the relationship to stop. Wesley refused.
On December 10th, 1932 at 5:30 am, a coal boy was filling the Espy’s coal shoot, when he discovered Wesley’s body. The body, which was beaten severely, was lashed to the front of the house. Upon closer inspection, Wesley was still breathing and his testicles were found inside his front lapel pocket.
Westley later died, and the death was covered up.
Newspapers of the day said he died from injuries caused by a fall
from the porch. Footsteps are heard often when one stands on the porch or in the front parlor of this house.
The true circumstances of Wesley’s death were a family secret for many years; but Wesley’s sister would speak the truth. Because of this, she was ostracized and never allowed to be buried in the family plot at Bonaventure Cemetery.
(Sorry about the picture, this was as close as we could get because of some construction.)I don't know

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2011 10:02PM by Blue.
June 29, 2011 09:14PM
432 Abercorn Street

The house was built in 1868 for General Benjamin J. Wilson, a veteran of the Civil War. The General’s wife succumbed to yellow fever, leaving him to raise their daughter alone in the four-level house.
Just across the street from the house is the Massey School, one of the oldest public schools in Savannah still in use today. General Wilson’s daughter loved to play with children who went to Massey School, but her father disapproved of her socializing with them. Undeterred, the little girl continued to run across the street to play with the other children.
Legend says that, in his frustration, General Wilson punished his daughter by putting her in a chair in the living room window and tying her into place. She could see the other children playing outside and she could do nothing but sit and watch. When neighbors saw the little girl, they complained to General Wilson about his mistreatment of her. He responded by removing the ropes that bound the girl in place, but he ordered her to remain in the chair nonetheless.
After a few days of sitting in such a humiliating position, the little girl died of heat stroke and dehydration. In those days before the advent of air conditioning, houses could become stiflingly hot, and the child’s position directly in front of the window made her even more susceptible. Years later, General Wilson also died in the home, but his death came naturally, unlike his daughter’s.
The General and his daughter have never left, according to many. Dawn is just one of the tour guides I spoke to who says that tourists often take a picture of the house, only to find the image of a little girl sitting in one of the windows. Other tourists are less lucky: before they can snap a picture, their cameras shut down. In some extreme cases, Dawn has even seen smoke begin to curl up from cameras that worked just fine at every other spot on the tour.
General Wilson’s face doesn’t show up in a window that of like his daughter’s. Instead, he can be seen looking out from the plaster next to the right-hand window on the second level. This living-room window is the one where his daughter purportedly died. Is the image of the old man’s face just a coincidental arrangement of cracks and discoloration in the plaster?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2011 04:26PM by Blue.
August 13, 2012 12:44PM
I might actually have something to add here soon!! A friend of mine is taking me to Cleveland with her and has a million and one ideas on things to see, and quite a few of them are supposed to be haunted/paranormal as she knows my affinity for such things. One of the things she mentioned was the Witch's Ball I don't know how much we'll fit into a ten day trip, but my finger's are crossed and my camera is ready!

What if all we see or seem is but a dream within a dream? ~RMD 5H2~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2012 12:44PM by GauntletsAngel.

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 2
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 86 on May 06, 2014
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 125.
Our newest member johndias0069.

This forum
Topics: 1, Posts: 18.