Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Posted by HarleyluvsSN 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
January 31, 2010 07:17PM
Yay or nay?

Honestly I think it was all around awesome! Action, humor, love, amazing graphics, great story line thumbs upwiggle

For a PG-13, they were pushing it with the "female canines".........or maybe it's the new "PG-13", never heard so many GD's in a single movie though LMAOeye rolling smiley

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
February 12, 2010 09:36PM
HarleyluvsSN
Yay or nay?

Honestly I think it was all around awesome! Action, humor, love, amazing graphics, great story line thumbs upwiggle

For a PG-13, they were pushing it with the "female canines".........or maybe it's the new "PG-13", never heard so many GD's in a single movie though LMAOeye rolling smiley

Yaaaaaay! Definitely an amazing moviearrr!

"The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance."
February 14, 2010 09:12AM
The movie was awesome. But I think the best thing on the movie was the 3D thing. I've seen both 2D and 3D and although I liked the movie even in 2D, it was the 3D that brought some life into it.

I disagree with the "great storyline". I actually think the storyline was the weakest part of the movie. I've seen this before. "A spy is sent to a community to get info and help his side defeat the community but falls in love with a woman, finds out the community's lifestyle is what he really respects and turns against his own side."

Don't get me wrong. I think the story was meant to be this simple so people could concentrate on how beautiful Pandora is, on the 3D thing. But knowing that Cameron had spent years on the script, I find it damn simple. On the other hand, he came up with the Na'vi language. It's actually a working language consisting of about 1000 words. He also came up with the whole Pandora ecosystem. All the plants and animals could be real because Cameron had been working on that with scientists. So I guess after that, he didn't have as much time for the storyline. winking smiley

Anyway, I'm buying that movie in a 3D version as soon as it's out.

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~
February 25, 2010 11:10PM

Capn' - Agreed thumbs up

Hyde - yeah it is a typical storyline, every time i think about it, it reminds me of Pocohantas, the Disney version, mostly due to the fact that i'd recently watched the movie before going to see Avatar. (pardon my nostalgic Disney moment embarrassed)

The graphics were awesome, I especially loved the nights scenes it made the setting look really beautiful. I saw this short clip that was playing at Wal-Mart some time ago, and I think it's nead how the actors wore these funky suits with the dots on their faces so that the computer animation artists could capture their movements and voices. He spent years on that script? That's like the reverse of White Noise 2 that i saw recently, we bought it from one of those $5 movie bins you know? They relied on the script way more than the acting and graphics, so it wasn't all that great.

I think my favorite parts had to be the native language and the action, I mean come on, who doesnt love a movie loaded with fire and guns mixed with bows and arrows? I still need to learn the names of the animals and the tribe because the pronounciation was lost on me oopsLOL

I want to read the book so bad, but i have to wait for our library to get it ....*sigh*sad smiley

Do you know when it'll come out on DVD? I'm planning on getting my dad to watch it, I think he'll like it winking smiley

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2010 11:11PM by HarleyluvsSN.
February 26, 2010 03:42PM
HarleyluvsSN

Hyde - yeah it is a typical storyline, every time i think about it, it reminds me of Pocohantas, the Disney version, mostly due to the fact that i'd recently watched the movie before going to see Avatar. (pardon my nostalgic Disney moment embarrassed)

The graphics were awesome, I especially loved the nights scenes it made the setting look really beautiful. I saw this short clip that was playing at Wal-Mart some time ago, and I think it's nead how the actors wore these funky suits with the dots on their faces so that the computer animation artists could capture their movements and voices. He spent years on that script? That's like the reverse of White Noise 2 that i saw recently, we bought it from one of those $5 movie bins you know? They relied on the script way more than the acting and graphics, so it wasn't all that great.

I think my favorite parts had to be the native language and the action, I mean come on, who doesnt love a movie loaded with fire and guns mixed with bows and arrows? I still need to learn the names of the animals and the tribe because the pronounciation was lost on me oopsLOL

I want to read the book so bad, but i have to wait for our library to get it ....*sigh*sad smiley

Do you know when it'll come out on DVD? I'm planning on getting my dad to watch it, I think he'll like it winking smiley

It reminded me more of Dances with the Wolves.

Cameron had been working on the movie for 15 years I think.

Around April I guess.

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 8
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 8, Posts: 157.