Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Coyote Fugly - An Appreciation for the Winchesters, Part 4

Posted by DeanJW 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Gunnar Eyewear - Especially for Computers! How do you think I'll look in these? ~Mattie

Gunnar Eyewear Gunnar Gaming Eyewear PPK Cobalt/Snow Frame
avatar Re: Coyote Fugly - An Appreciation for the Winchesters
January 01, 2012 12:30AM
Happy New Year, Harpies! smileys with beerpartyexcited12th manright on!And you too, Winchester!

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.
January 01, 2012 12:42AM
Happy New Year!

*scuttles in and refreshes the buffet and dessert table*

May you all have a joyous and wonderful new year.

Lord, what fools these Mortals be! Of course, I don't do half bad in the foolish department, either, when I put my mind to it *LOL*
January 01, 2012 11:38AM
HAPPY NEW YEAR 201212th manhappycheerleader
January 10, 2012 09:05AM
*comes in, checks on everything* *leaves a message* I've been busy with... well, stuff... so I'm late with all the wishes but...

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
And after Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W.T.F. ~
January 10, 2012 10:32AM
I totally expected that clock to explode. angel

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry I'm so late with it. I think someone put the pedal to the metal on this year. Going by too fast already! Hope everyone is ok!shot in the head

Whoa! De'ja moo - I've heard this bull before!
January 11, 2012 10:49AM
Realhuntress
I totally expected that clock to explode. angel

Happy New Year everyone! Sorry I'm so late with it. I think someone put the pedal to the metal on this year. Going by too fast already! Hope everyone is ok!shot in the head

Now I'm wishing it HAD exploded! Lol....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

The only thing I don't like so far about 2012 is Twitter user's need to have trends like "Page 11 of 365" or whatever that basically are a weak attempt at being classy with saying "it's day 11 of the new year" or whatever.

Oh and the hover cars/boards, still waiting on those......arrr!

Anyway, thought I'd drop by and wish everyone a (belated) Happy New year!!! heart...............now I'm off to chow down, am STARVING right now Pepsiburger

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 10:50AM by HarleyluvsSN.
January 12, 2012 12:32PM
HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR everyone!!! sorry everythings kinda been crazy lately, havent had a chance to stop by until now *mutters*tryingtogetahandleonmy18creditsthissemesterwhileworkintripshometomakemifamiliahappy*mutters*

Hows everyone been doing?

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
January 12, 2012 08:23PM
Very cool clock, Winchester! I like it better than the ball that is in Time Square in NY!!

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.
January 12, 2012 08:27PM
numbr01banana
HAPPY (belated) NEW YEAR everyone!!! sorry everythings kinda been crazy lately, havent had a chance to stop by until now *mutters*tryingtogetahandleonmy18creditsthissemesterwhileworkintripshometomakemifamiliahappy*mutters*

Hows everyone been doing?

Hey Nan, 18 credits this semester? Ouch! I remember trying to make my family understand that sometimes you don't have TIME to come home....Good Luck with that! I am doing great, making the transition from preschool to elderly and disabled clients again. Funny how some of the problems are the same. yeah, that

January 13, 2012 11:50AM
Blue

Hey Nan, 18 credits this semester? Ouch! I remember trying to make my family understand that sometimes you don't have TIME to come home....Good Luck with that! I am doing great, making the transition from preschool to elderly and disabled clients again. Funny how some of the problems are the same. yeah, that

Yup 18 credits. . .ouch is right! although so far in 2 of the classes I've been learning the EXACT SAME THING which i suppose is good. . .although a third class just said thats what we're moving on to next. . .I'm totally going to be an expert on neurons and action potentials and all that fun stuff by the end of it! anywho so not having a ton of different material is helping so far. . .but still its a lot of work. And for some reason my mom doesnt understand that i dont have time to go home. . .no matter what I say she doesnt believe me >.< oh well. Glad to hear you're doing great! Ohhh thats gotta be a difficult transition. . .although maybe not, if some of the problems are the same. winking smiley

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
January 20, 2012 08:07AM
I know this is probably going to sound childish but after reading up on some facts about SOPA I'm concerned that forums will be targeted along with other social networking sites. If this bill gets passed it could mean the end of our forums, the copyright infringement laws would include simply USING a picture of Supernatural ANYWHERE, you could actually go to jail for it.

Like I said I know it's a bit childish to say this but the whole situation actually scares me sad smiley

They'll be taking away our Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr and god only knows how many other sites.

I don't want to lose you guys. I mean I know I have some of your e-mails but e-mail is no way to have an online discussion anymore, it's to.....it's just not as good as talking via forums mad tongue

"You are braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
January 21, 2012 06:57PM
HarleyluvsSN
I know this is probably going to sound childish but after reading up on some facts about SOPA I'm concerned that forums will be targeted along with other social networking sites. If this bill gets passed it could mean the end of our forums, the copyright infringement laws would include simply USING a picture of Supernatural ANYWHERE, you could actually go to jail for it.

Like I said I know it's a bit childish to say this but the whole situation actually scares me sad smiley

They'll be taking away our Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Tumblr and god only knows how many other sites.

I don't want to lose you guys. I mean I know I have some of your e-mails but e-mail is no way to have an online discussion anymore, it's to.....it's just not as good as talking via forums mad tongue

We'll find a way if worst comes to worst. Personally I think they can take all that crap and shove it where the sun dont shine and F off. Ill rip someone a new one if they take away Youtube. Its bad enough they delete our videos for no decent reason.

<3 Zack <3

"Pain is Temporary - Pride is forever"
Lax forever
There are two times of the year that stir the blood.
In the fall, for the hunt,
and now for lacrosse.
January 23, 2012 10:23AM
Jess
We'll find a way if worst comes to worst. Personally I think they can take all that crap and shove it where the sun dont shine and F off. Ill rip someone a new one if they take away Youtube. Its bad enough they delete our videos for no decent reason.

BOTH BILLS HAVE BEEN SHELVED FOR NOW!!! YAY!!!
yahooClownanasmileys with beerwiggleeekhappyBatmanright on!excitedangel

January 25, 2012 06:05PM
*comes in, checks on everything*

Realhuntress
I totally expected that clock to explode. angel...shot in the head

I think that "L" wasn't supposed to be there. LMAO

Blue
Very cool clock, Winchester! I like it better than the ball that is in Time Square in NY!!

And I thought you preferred balls... popcorn

~ There is a "lie" in believe, "over" in lover, "end" in friend, and an "if" in life.
January 25, 2012 08:00PM
*slips in, checks on everything, refreshes what needs it, and collapses on the couch and starts snoring*

Lord, what fools these Mortals be! Of course, I don't do half bad in the foolish department, either, when I put my mind to it *LOL*
January 27, 2012 07:37AM
HarleyluvsSN
BOTH BILLS HAVE BEEN SHELVED FOR NOW!!! YAY!!!
yahooClownanasmileys with beerwiggleeekhappyBatmanright on!excitedangel

Good. I seriously doubt they could pull this off anyway. In my opinion they have a snowball's chance in hell. And yeah, there's always that possibility that it could freeze over but then again.......

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
January 29, 2012 07:53PM
Jess
Good. I seriously doubt they could pull this off anyway. In my opinion they have a snowball's chance in hell. And yeah, there's always that possibility that it could freeze over but then again.......

Well, then get ready for it to freeze over because there's another agreement that's already been signed by the US, the EU and other countries, and basically does what SOPA/PIPA did, but the negotiations were secret. It's called Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). There's also a new version of SOPA/PIPA - OPEN: Online Protection & ENforcement of Digital Trade Act. That one is supposed to be less harmful but it's still an attempt how to censor the Internet anyway.

They compare SOPA, PIPA and OPEN here: [keepthewebopen.com]

January 30, 2012 05:07PM
DeanJW

Well, then get ready for it to freeze over because there's another agreement that's already been signed by the US, the EU and other countries, and basically does what SOPA/PIPA did, but the negotiations were secret. It's called Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA). There's also a new version of SOPA/PIPA - OPEN: Online Protection & ENforcement of Digital Trade Act. That one is supposed to be less harmful but it's still an attempt how to censor the Internet anyway.

They compare SOPA, PIPA and OPEN here: [keepthewebopen.com]

It never stops does it?.........*le sigh*.......headdesk

I don't know the current standpoint on ACTA, I do know that people were posting links to petitions to help put a stop to it, I signed one of them.

Our fellow Canadian friends have been requesting, via Tumblr, that we help them abolish a bill they're currently dealing with that's similar to our SOPA/ACTA. The person didnt mention the name though so I'm not sure if you've already mentioned it Hyde.

February 01, 2012 07:56AM
Why would it stop? The entertainment industry won't admit that their methods are obsolete. The corporations won't try to adjust to the new possibilities offered by the Internet and digital distribution. They forcingly divided the world into regions so that they could sell one movie several times. There was no other reason for the DVD regions than their greed. Or music... Only 1 - 10% (or 8 - 25%; different sources mention different figures) of the profit actually goes to the artist, the rest goes to the record labels. They also take up to 25% out of the artist's part of the profit for "cover". The booklet and the cover never cost that much. That's why they refuse selling music in digital formats because the division of the profits would have to be adjusted (no more "cover" fees etc.), and that's what they're scared of. They'd rather censor and police the Internet and act as if they're trying to protect people.

If everything else fails, we can always move to Switzerland.

February 01, 2012 02:11PM
Or another planet if at all possible.

If there ever was a time when I wouldn't mind being zapped into an alternate dimesion by a Trickster-Archangel, it would be NOW.

Switzerland sounds good too.

February 05, 2012 01:18PM
*walks in and mutters*alliwannadoisgobacktoschoolbutnoi'mstrandedherebecauseaparentlymycarneedstobefixednotcool*mutters*

*wraps herself in a blanket and curls up on the couch*

February 05, 2012 09:58PM
peeking in *peeks in* *brings in boxes, packing tape and newspaper* *leaves them in the middle of the room* *posts a message on the bulletin board* Get ready, everybody. It's finally going to happen. scooter

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
February 05, 2012 10:40PM
Mattie
peeking in *peeks in* *brings in boxes, packing tape and newspaper* *leaves them in the middle of the room* *posts a message on the bulletin board* Get ready, everybody. It's finally going to happen. scooter
Who says they are going to shut us down? Theres thousands, probably millions of sites out there, maybe we can fly under the radar.

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
February 06, 2012 08:20AM
Jess
Mattie
Who says they are going to shut us down? Theres thousands, probably millions of sites out there, maybe we can fly under the radar.

Not to worry, Jess. "They" aren't shutting anyone down. This is something Dean and I had planned well over a year that I was finally able to start working on after putting it off too long.

Admin
IMPORTANT NOTICE:

We've decided to revamp the whole place and move it to another hosting provider. That means that the forum might be available only for Admins or set only for reading from time to time and the site might be off sometimes until all the work has been done. If you experience problems loading any page, try to check back later.

Accomplishing this whole task is going to take a longer time so please, be patient. Thanks.

WARNING: We want everyone to read this to avoid confusion and gazillions of questions. Once you've read this, send me a PM with I'm Safe Now for the Subject and whatever text in the body. I've said it before and I'm saying it again: I'm gonna salt and burn you if you don't read this!

D.

Updated: Apr 04 2011

embarrassed

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
February 09, 2012 08:36AM
Mattie
Not to worry, Jess. "They" aren't shutting anyone down. This is something Dean and I had planned well over a year that I was finally able to start working on after putting it off too long.

Alright. Good.

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
February 21, 2012 07:15PM
*sneaks in with a box of paczki and leaves them on the bar* Enjoy everyone! Theres pretty much every assortment of fillings you could imagine there so take your pick!

*runs back out*

March 19, 2012 02:42AM
Where is everyone????????

HELLO ANYONE HOME????

<3 Zack <3

Lax forever
and now for lacrosse.
March 21, 2012 02:34PM
Congratulations Jared and Gen to birth of their son.happy
March 21, 2012 08:48PM
*slips in quietly, cleans and freshens everything, collapse on sofa to sleep*

March 22, 2012 08:00PM
Jess
Where is everyone????????

HELLO ANYONE HOME????

Well I have been drowning in school work. . .and dealing with evil demons killing any technology that I touch what does this do?LMAO
Where have you been, what have you been up to? I feel like everyone disappeared forever ago!

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 9
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 6, Posts: 1,652.