Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When The Levee Breaks...(so does my heart.....)

Posted by sandscaper 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for Dean's amulet? Look no further than the WB Shop!
Free 2 Day Shipping until December 18th!
avatar When The Levee Breaks...(so does my heart.....)
May 09, 2009 09:40PM
Greetings all....

Firstly...I guess we should start with what happened to kick this all off : Sam....actually sucking the blood from a demon while Dean watched. If your reaction to this was anywhere near mine, you were left with your mouth hanging open. We knew he was doing it, tasting Rubys blood - using it like some body builder uses steroids - but to do it openly, out of control in front of Dean! I was shocked and then waited for what I was sure was coming next - But Dean was so calm...so hard to read....He didnt blow up at Sam and I wasnt entirely certain why...until they reached Bobbys. Then I knew, Intervention. "Sam Winchester: Portrait of a Demonbloodaholic"

I know addictions so bad things to people, and this was no exception with Sam hallucinating that way -but Sam was so smart....why is he listening to evil? He had to know he was hallucinating...yet he was slowly being convinced by them that he was right and what Bobby and Dean were doing was wrong or that they were doing it out of jealousy or something...

I kept thinking...come on Sam, you are not that far gone....your mother would NEVER talk about Dean that way! and Dean....the one person who has loved and taken care of you since you were a boy...the person who traded his soul for you.....

But Sam fell for it...convincing himself that he and only he alone could stop what was coming - I take that back...that he and Ruby.....Ruby! A demon! Dean was an after thought...not really even important to the equation....and he escapes [sort of.....Angels?? WHAT!??]

But Dean found him.

And thats when my heart broke.

The single tear rolling down Deans face as he realizes he has lost his brother and Sam....trying to choke the life out of the brother he has been devoted to all these years....

OK...I know there were a lot of other relevant parts revelaed here in this episode to the big picture and our storyline [Castiel forcing Deans allegiance then letting Sam out, the "story" Ruby told about Lillith being the first soul, the general swaying of sam to the dark side 0h I have my theories on these things]....but this....this death of their brotherly love....this is what struck me most about the episode.

I feel alittle sick even now just remembering the look on Sams face - then Dean...laying there at the end so devasted

well thats all... and next week is the season finale. I havent seen any spoilers but I have a bad feeling that Sam is to be used somehow - eaither as the final seal or lucifers vessel - something horrible like that - we all know Ruby isnt good so theres an agenda there you can bet on

and Dean...well hes going to be forced in to....I cant even say it....

Chime in guys...talk about this or the points I have left out - but lets hear it !

sadly,

sand

Smith & Wesson : The original point and click interface
avatar Re: When The Levee Breaks...(so does my heart.....)
May 10, 2009 08:34AM
Hey, Sand,shot in the head First, being the eternal optimist.....(sorry) I don't think the love between brothers is gone or dead...just they're at extreme cross purposes....and with dealing with the addiction, I don't think Sam is exactly using that enormous mind clearly.....*cough* Plus, well, Ruby and she became his biggest influence once his brother "betrayed" him. [/]
I still think Kripke has a rabbit....but I don't think we'll see it until next season. I don't see him turning his story of 2 brothers into a brother gone bad without redemption for long anyway.....And I still think Cas was captured by the wrong "angels". I don't understand why Anna didn't try to warn Dean or something either....I'm still pondering this one...Have to watch again and think some more.
This one was an emotional roll a coaster all right.....And I'm a little upset with Dean. He, nor Sam either for that matter, don't seem to have learned much from their experiences with the tactic of "self sacrifice, have they? Why can't they just talk something out for once?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2009 08:38AM by Blue.
May 13, 2009 08:03PM
Hey guys,
I'll start off by saying that seeing Sam drink the demons blood in front of Dean was definitely a jaw dropping moment from me. I think I remember chanting "don't do it, don't do it" in my head at that part. When Dean acted all calm and not like he normally would, I got concerned. I knew something bad was gonna happen. Dean wouldn't just let something like that go!
The only reason I could think of that Sam would listen to evil and believe he was the only one who could stop the apocalypse is that maybe the demon blood is messing with his mind(in other ways than hallucinations)? Corrupting him? I don't know... He's just changed so much this season.sad smiley
When they got into that fight in the end a little piece of me broke inside. I know they still love each other deep down, but it still makes me sad to see them like that. Especially in the end when it was like a repeat of when Sam left John and Dean to go to college. At least I think that's how it happened...
Yep. That's about it. grinning smiley

"The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance."
May 14, 2009 10:41PM
(i swear i typed this up earlier and not just now...and sorry if it makes no sense kinda typed it while running back and forth to the compembarrassedLMAO)

Ok, yea I’m a week late, I know. Let me start off by saying my sister was very disappointed that she couldn't stay up to see my facial expressions during the epi (she got to see it before me so knew what was going to happen) I was yet another one who was caught with their mouth open when Sam drank that demon blood like that. Couldn’t believe he’d fallen that low. And to do so in front of dean!

I wasn’t entirely shocked by Dean remaining calm at that point, though i wasn’t sure of what exactly to expect either. He’d just gone through so much and had so many surprises with Sam, I guess nothing really surprised him anymore. And I can see him being at the point where he’s too tired with all the lying Sam’s doing that he wouldn’t just flip out on the spot anymore.

As for Sam’s hallucinations, I think he was just coming up with reasons to say he’s right and Dean and Bobby are wrong. A reason legit to him as to why he needs the blood and why what he is doing is “good” He knows that his mom wouldn’t ever talk like that about Dean, and he knows Dean would never say all that stuff about how its his job because god chose him etc. However, Seeing it this way helps him convince himself he’s still doing the right thing, and still working on the side of good. Which I’ve gotta say even for him “going darkside” he’s obviously got some doubts.

Honestly, I can’t wait to see exactly what this hidden agenda of Ruby’s is. Cause I know she doesn’t just love Sam and want him to stop lilith to get his revenge. It’s gotta be something good.

Hmmm what else was there? Oh right! Sam being released by Cas. Really hating castile right now, but loving it too…Though I have to agree with you sand, he was definitely captured by the “bad” angels and I am curious as to why Anna didn’t give dean any warning prior to it happening, she has to have known something was up, although she did end up getting caught too, so maybe she didn’t?

As for Sam strangling Dean I think it was one of those ‘see I am stronger than you, and you cant stop me’ type of deals. Which I really didn’t like but then again did because it just goes to show again how far Sam has gone and is willing to go to prove he’s strong and doing this for “good” though I fail to see how working with a demon over your brother is good. Though I don’t think this shows that their brotherly love is gone or dead. They still love each other and the devastation they both show when Sam leaves, or as he shows that he won’t let go of Ruby proves this. They both still want the same thing, Save the world, stop the apocalypse, kill lilith. They just both think their way is the best. And when Dean used John’s line about walking out the door and never coming back I swear he broke my heart. I was so close to tears when he said that it wasn’t funny. But I do have to say that I loved how it was used.

It's not supposed to go like that, its not intended to end that way, life is a journey, constantly turnin' down an unknown path, but its not supposed to go like that
May 16, 2009 02:04PM
Good thoughts all!

Blue...no argument here just opinions smiling smiley Nanners...well said! thumbs up and I do agree with you my little pirate friend....

May 17, 2009 06:44AM
Sorry, wasn't trying to be argumentative...just wondering why out loud.....I guess it is better for me just to keep my opinions to myself...oops
May 17, 2009 08:08AM
oh no...sorry thats not what I meant....just saying "No arguments.." as in I appreciate your comments - sorry it didnt come out that way

July 19, 2009 12:18PM
sandscaper

I was also shocked by how Sam lost control over himself and started sucking the demon's blood in front of Dean, and I could see the pain in Dean's eyes. sad smiley

I think all that showed how much addicted Sam actually was. Because if a smart person behaves this stupidly, it's time for some "tough love". embarrassed

I must admit that I was angry with Sam getting angry with Dean because, like you said, Dean gave up his soul for Sam, and this was Sam's way to thank Dean? Telling him Dean's weak, that he's not as good a hunter as Sam himself? eye rolling smiley

worried I hated Sam for choking Dean. He thought how strong he was but it was only the stupid demon blood inside his veins, not he himself. And Dean's expression... worried

Blue
.....And I'm a little upset with Dean. He, nor Sam either for that matter, don't seem to have learned much from their experiences with the tactic of "self sacrifice, have they? Why can't they just talk something out for once?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I think Dean even insisted on Sam not sacrifying himself for Dean in the episodes before Dean went to hell worried, and Dean didn't seem to change his mind since. pardon

pirateypirates
I don't know... He's just changed so much this season.sad smiley
When they got into that fight in the end a little piece of me broke inside. I know they still love each other deep down, but it still makes me sad to see them like that. Especially in the end when it was like a repeat of when Sam left John and Dean to go to college. At least I think that's how it happened...
Yep. That's about it. grinning smiley

I agree, Sam has changed for the worse too much for my liking. sad smiley And the fight and Sam's talk made me so sad too.

Oh, and I'm not sure what people I've already met, or not, so HI TO ALL OF YOU I HAVEN'T MET AND TALKED TO YET! happy

numbr01banana

I so agree with Dean getting tired of Sam's lies. Who wouldn't? worried I hope Sam's character is going to change for the better next season again, or I swear I won't like him anymore. worried

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 5
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 20, Posts: 205.