Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Season 6 grinning smiley

Posted by pirateypirates 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for Dean's amulet? Look no further than the WB Shop!
Free 2 Day Shipping until December 18th!
September 18, 2010 02:00PM
Hello people! I was just curious to see if anyone else has seen the preview for the new season. If not, you can go check it out at the cw website..
I've been feeling a mixture of excitement and fear about another season, just because it wasn't originally part of the plan. But after seeing the preview I guess I'm a little less scared. It seemed pretty cool.
So...what do you all think about it?

"The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance."
avatar Re: Season 6 grinning smiley
October 08, 2010 08:34AM
I thought I could post my thoughts and feelings about the new season here. Before I start, I repeat I didn't want S6 because I thought the end of S5 was pretty cool and that the whole show could have ended like that before it would turn into something too "CW".

After having seen two episodes, I don't really know what to think. The episodes were good. Not excellent but they also weren't completely rubbish as I had feared before. I even got a little excited about Supernatural again but it's far from the excitement I used to feel during the first 2 or 3 seasons. It even wasn't the excitement I used to feel after most of the S4 and 5 episodes. I know things change. I loved Supernatural. I loved every piece of it until angels appeared. I didn't like that twist and although the writers managed to write some really brilliant episodes with the angel storyline, I just couldn't make myself like it and gradually started disliking it more and more. I admit Castiel seemed different at the beginning and although I didn't fall in love with him like many did, I didn't hate him, either. But with writers doing a poor job with him ( his evolution from an angel who was without emotions, which I found quite cool, to in fact a human with angelic powers, which I found so not cool, seemed forced and unbelievable to me ) and with all the drama related to that character ( very uncool fights between pro-Castielites and anti-Castielites where you could see / read some very nasty comments on both sides ), I really started hating that character because it made me think: Supernatural fans used to be so fun to talk to, so united and this one character divided them in such a wrong way that although it's stupid of me to hate on a character, I just can't help it. No one had to be afraid of sharing their opinion before but some fans attack you only because your opinion is different now. oops

So I'll admit I keep watching mostly because of Jensen now. I didn't like the new hunters much and some of you might hate me because of what I'm going to say but I seem to have stopped caring about Sam, too because I don't like what the writers have done with / to him. He's changed so much and although characters do evolve and it's great when they do, I really preferred the older Sam. Not the one from S1 but the one who was already a bit tougher but still very caring. Yes, I have always preferred Dean but I loved the older Sam as well and I really miss him. sad smiley

I also think the bond between Dean and Sam, that amazing thing that once made Supernatural such a great show, seems to be gone. sad smiley I don't trust Sam when I see him, I don't trust Samuel when I see him but unfortunately, it looks as if Dean doesn't, either. sad smiley Does anyone else have the same impression?

I just hope things will get better but I'm a little more on the negative side now.

October 08, 2010 10:59AM
Husitka

But with writers doing a poor job with him ( his evolution from an angel who was without emotions, which I found quite cool, to in fact a human with angelic powers, which I found so not cool, seemed forced and unbelievable to me ) and with all the drama related to that character ( very uncool fights between pro-Castielites and anti-Castielites where you could see / read some very nasty comments on both sides ), I really started hating that character because it made me think: Supernatural fans used to be so fun to talk to, so united and this one character divided them in such a wrong way that although it's stupid of me to hate on a character, I just can't help it. No one had to be afraid of sharing their opinion before but some fans attack you only because your opinion is different now. oops

I wanted to comment on this because this is exactly what I've been saying. There was a poll a few months ago on CW "who is the worst character on SN ever?" Obviously my loathing for Castiel is well known, BUT my answer to the poll was "the one that divided the fandom." If there is no other reason to dislike a character, that should be enough. sad smiley

Husitka

After having seen two episodes, I don't really know what to think. The episodes were good. Not excellent but they also weren't completely rubbish as I had feared before. I even got a little excited about Supernatural again but it's far from the excitement I used to feel during the first 2 or 3 seasons. It even wasn't the excitement I used to feel after most of the S4 and 5 episodes. I know things change. I loved Supernatural.

So I'll admit I keep watching mostly because of Jensen now. I didn't like the new hunters much and some of you might hate me because of what I'm going to say but I seem to have stopped caring about Sam, too because I don't like what the writers have done with / to him. He's changed so much and although characters do evolve and it's great when they do, I really preferred the older Sam. Not the one from S1 but the one who was already a bit tougher but still very caring. Yes, I have always preferred Dean but I loved the older Sam as well and I really miss him. sad smiley

I also think the bond between Dean and Sam, that amazing thing that once made Supernatural such a great show, seems to be gone. sad smiley I don't trust Sam when I see him, I don't trust Samuel when I see him but unfortunately, it looks as if Dean doesn't, either. sad smiley Does anyone else have the same impression?

I just hope things will get better but I'm a little more on the negative side now.
I know exactly how you feel. There's such a thing as evolution and GROWTH of a character but when you spend 5 years getting to know someone - or feeling like you know them - to have them suddenly become another person entirely is disheartening. It's what makes people break up, and I'm on the verge of breaking up with SN. sad smiley worried It doesn't feel like growth for Sam to me. If anything he's DEvolving (It's a word. grinning smiley I looked it up.) Sam was always the one who wanted to talk before and now suddenly he doesn't? And why? Because he spent all of 2 MINUTES in hell? Dean was there for 4 months/40 years. Their dad was for almost a year. Two minutes is like a 2 week vacation. The new Sam has me confused and sad. sad smiley confused smiley I don't like or trust Samuel or the new hunters either but I get the feeling that's how we're supposed to feel about them. Which is also confusing because they're supposed to be family. And the plot holes have begun with them already. It went from "We didn't know you [Winchesters] existed until now." in epi one to "I heard about what you did in Hell." confused smiley moody smiley I think the biggest problem with the Campbells, and even with Lisa/Ben, is that the writers threw them in without deciding on a direction for them. For a show the quality of SN, that's bad decision making and will lead to bad writing that no one will get excited about if they [the writers] don't get their act together soon. Throwing censored at the wall to see what sticks in the 6th season of a show doesn't work. Um, ok, that went longer than I intended. whistle2 Thanks, H, for making me think again. hug And thanks, Sparrow for the thread. pirate

"Family don't end with blood, boy."

Words of Wisdom: Listen before you judge. Think before you speak.
Read before you write.
It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're going to offend. ~The Big Fish
October 08, 2010 10:05PM
I agree with you guys. I'm not quite sure yet how I feel about the show anymore. I actually just realized I've missed it tonight, and I actually don't care that much and will just watch it online later. Usually I'd be pretty sad I missed it. This is the first time I just plain forgotsad smiley I definitely am with you all about Sam. Something's just way off about him and I don't like it at all. Basically, the only thing I like about him now is his hair eye rolling smiley. The only thing I can think of as to why he's weird is that even though he was in hell for a short amount of time, maybe the fact that he has demon blood in him did something. Plus we don't know what happened to him down there.
I guess the whole angel storyline was pretty cool, but I think it could have been a lot better. And I actually do really like Castiel, but I feel like his character had more potential then just "oh hey I got my powers back and I'm all angely again okay bye." It was just kinda strange to me..
And the other hunters. I don't really know what to make of them yet. I guess I'll have to see more of them.
I just don't get excited about the show like I used to.sad smiley But I'm definitely going to keep watching, because I guess you never know what kind of twist it could take.

Maybe after I actually watch tonight's episode I'll have more to say.grinning smiley

"The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance."
November 17, 2010 10:42PM
I agree with most of what you all said. I am a little different. I LIKED Castiel, but not the Angel storyline. I couldn't wait for this season because I thought we'd be through with that. Now all the stuff with the Alpha's is driving me insane. I don't mind some of it, but I don't like having "creatures" to whom none of the rules apply. The good thing about familiar evils is that you know how to defeat them. It's just not fair to have them "immune" to everything. But on a lighter side, I LOVE Crowley, he's such a smart a&&....(I always have a weakness for those.) And I thought "Weekend at Bobby's" was brilliant. New Sam, I've decided to wait and see, but I hate how glad I was when Dean knocked the you-know-what out of him. Just because he's so annoying. I liked Lisa and Ben in theory..but I think it's time to let them go. And I'm more than ready to get Sam's old personality back. And because I'm me, I have to say I did love the scene when Sam was doing the chin ups shirtless.....*swoon, sigh*LMAOOops, we aren't supposed to mention that...sorry.embarrassed

There is nothing more gentle than strength, nor anything as strong as true gentleness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2010 06:59PM by Blue.

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 1
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 86 on May 06, 2014
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 125.
Our newest member johndias0069.

This forum
Topics: 20, Posts: 205.