Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It's OFFICIAL!!! Season 6 is a go!!!!

Posted by Realhuntress 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Looking for Dean's amulet? Look no further than the WB Shop!
Free 2 Day Shipping until December 18th!
avatar It's OFFICIAL!!! Season 6 is a go!!!!
February 16, 2010 03:50PM
woohoo!yahooexcitedapplauseClownana12th mancheerleadersmileys with beerTazImpalaHere's the article...

February 16, 2010 at 1:59 pm · Filed under CW NEWS

Freshman Hit “The Vampire Diaries,” “Gossip Girl,” “90210,” “Supernatural” and “America’s Next Top Model” To Return Next Season

The CW Network has given early pickups to five series for next season, including four signature dramas and the reality hit AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL.

All five shows will return in Fall 2010.

The series receiving early renewals include this season’s breakout hit THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, The CW’s most-watched show (4.6 million viewers) and the network’s number one show among adults 18-34 (2.5/8). premiere generated the largest audience in network history for a series debut (5.7 million total viewers). THE VAMPIRES DIARIES has improved The CW’s performance Thursday at 8:00 p.m. by 114% among women 18-34 this season.

The network also renewed fan favorite SUPERNATURAL, which will enter its sixth season next year. SUPERNATURAL has one of the most loyal audiences of any show on television and does heroic work in a perennially tough time period. It has improved over last season among women and adults 18-34 (29% and 8%, respectively) this season, a remarkable accomplishment for a fifth-year show.

Also given early pickups for next season are The CW’s Monday night sensation GOSSIP GIRL,which is The CW’s number one show among its target demographic of women 18-34, and Tuesday’s trend-setting drama, 90210, which sees some of TV’s largest percent increases from DVR playback, nearly doubling its women 18-34 live-only ratings once live+7 data is included.

Wednesday anchor AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL will also be back for cycles 15 and 16 with superstar Tyra Banks and new groups of aspiring models. AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL continues to rank second in the competitive Wednesday 8:00 p.m. hour among young women 18-34 (3.4/10).

And this is one on Kripke's return!!!

From The Chicago Tribune
February 16, 2010

CW renews 'Supernatural,' 'Vampire Diaries,' 3 others. Will Kripke be back?

The CW network has given early renewals to 5 of its series: "Supernatural," "Vampire Diaries," "Gossip Girl," "90210" and "America's Next Top Model."

UPDATE: When I asked a CW representative whether creator/executive producer Eric Kripke would return for "Supernatural's" sixth season, I got a three-word reply: "Yes, he's back."

Remember when Kripke said he had a five-year plan for the show? However, as he said last summer at Comic-Con, Kripke has re-thought that plan and has stated various times in the last year or so that he could see how the Winchesters' story might last longer than five years.

So, my fellow "Supernatural" fans, the Winchester chronicles will get a Season 666. Wait, I meant Season 6 -- my fingers slipped on the keyboard. Or maybe the Devil made me do it?

Not on the CW's early-pickup list: "Melrose Place" or "Smallville." But there is a chance those shows, especially "Smallville," could get renewals later in the season (things aren't looking quite as good for "Melrose" but you never know). IGN'S Eric Goldman recently talked to CW president Dawn Ostroff and it looks like a "Smallville" renewal is likely.

Also, the CW's "Life Unexpected" isn't on this list but I very much hope it gets a second season. It's a sweet show that you may really enjoy if you liked "Gilmore Girls."

Whoa! De'ja moo - I've heard this bull before!
avatar Re: It's OFFICIAL!!! Season 6 is a go!!!!
February 16, 2010 04:12PM
Here's a bit more from the same article...

UPDATE 2: I sent a note to "Supernatural" executive producer Sera Gamble when I heard about the show's renewal for a sixth season. I said I was happy to hear that the show would be returning, but I had to be a little cheeky and ask if viewers would be getting "The Apocalypse 2: The Squeakquel" next season. Here's her response:

"No, you will not be getting Apocalypse, The Squeaquel in Season 6 (that's hilarious)," Gamble wrote. "We're climaxing that story this season. We've been working on the Season 6 storyline for quite some time, and we're very excited about it. We have lots of ideas, and are grateful for the chance to keep the show going.

"Please tell the fans that the writers say thank you! We so appreciate the support."

Whoa! De'ja moo - I've heard this bull before!
February 18, 2010 05:37PM
smiling bouncing smileyapplausearrr!YAAAAAAAAAY!

"The kraken stirs. And ten billion sushi dinners cry out for vengeance."
May 25, 2010 08:42AM
I know I'm late but I want to say something to this, so here it is:

I think it's quite a bad idea to have Season 6. The show has changed quite a lot (that wouldn't have to be such a bad thing but the quality has gone down considerably in my opinion and that's why I think it would be a good thing to finish the show before it gets really bad - it still is my favourite show and I don't want to see it turn into a bad show) and I think the storylines have become too complicated with all the angel-Lucifer-Michael-vessel thing. I've always had but compliments for Supernatural but Season 5 was sometimes a bit of pain to watch for me. I think it got better in the second half ( I enjoyed watching some of the latest episodes almost as much as I used to love watching Supernatural when I first found out about it). I quite liked how they ended the story in the finale and I don't see many ways how to continue the story in a clever manner, without using the same ideas for a 100th time.

I almost changed my mind about not wanting Season 6 a while back when it looked that Kripke might be a part of the team, too and after watching some of the Season 5 episodes (because I really loved them). But now it looks as if Kripke has lost his say in the whole story and that Sera Gamble has taken over, and I don't like that at all. Moreover, I think the season finale was quite a good way to finish the whole series.

The fact that Castiel stays in the show, and as a regular again, bothers me quite a lot. If the whole Apocalypse storyline is really over, why do they need him now? I know there are many Castiel fans and I know they might get angry with me but I really don't understand why the writers left him in the show now when it has been said so many times that they intend to go back to the way Supernatural had been before. It confuses me. I associate Castiel with the angel storyline (he's an angel after all) and with the "new" Supernatural, and I can't imagine any way how they could fit his character into the old pattern.

I think I will watch Season 6 but mostly because I really want to see how the show will change and if I still like it. I just hope Sera will be reasonable enough and will try to make Supernatural go back to the way it used to be before because that was what I fell in love with in the first place - the story about brothers who, although different, were able to help each other in the worst of situations, keep their bond and show us that family values and love between family members are the things that really matter.

May 30, 2010 11:17PM
Husitka
I know I'm late but I want to say something to this, so here it is:

I think it's quite a bad idea to have Season 6. The show has changed quite a lot (that wouldn't have to be such a bad thing but the quality has gone down considerably in my opinion and that's why I think it would be a good thing to finish the show before it gets really bad - it still is my favourite show and I don't want to see it turn into a bad show) and I think the storylines have become too complicated with all the angel-Lucifer-Michael-vessel thing. I've always had but compliments for Supernatural but Season 5 was sometimes a bit of pain to watch for me. I think it got better in the second half ( I enjoyed watching some of the latest episodes almost as much as I used to love watching Supernatural when I first found out about it). I quite liked how they ended the story in the finale and I don't see many ways how to continue the story in a clever manner, without using the same ideas for a 100th time.

I almost changed my mind about not wanting Season 6 a while back when it looked that Kripke might be a part of the team, too and after watching some of the Season 5 episodes (because I really loved them). But now it looks as if Kripke has lost his say in the whole story and that Sera Gamble has taken over, and I don't like that at all. Moreover, I think the season finale was quite a good way to finish the whole series.

The fact that Castiel stays in the show, and as a regular again, bothers me quite a lot. If the whole Apocalypse storyline is really over, why do they need him now? I know there are many Castiel fans and I know they might get angry with me but I really don't understand why the writers left him in the show now when it has been said so many times that they intend to go back to the way Supernatural had been before. It confuses me. I associate Castiel with the angel storyline (he's an angel after all) and with the "new" Supernatural, and I can't imagine any way how they could fit his character into the old pattern.

I think I will watch Season 6 but mostly because I really want to see how the show will change and if I still like it. I just hope Sera will be reasonable enough and will try to make Supernatural go back to the way it used to be before because that was what I fell in love with in the first place - the story about brothers who, although different, were able to help each other in the worst of situations, keep their bond and show us that family values and love between family members are the things that really matter.

yeah, that

10 out of 10 technical experts have declared that I'm too technical
June 01, 2010 08:52AM
Mattie
yeah, that

Thank you for your reaction. I might have felt lonely here without it. I don't know Is it the break or is it me?? embarrassed

Re: It's OFFICIAL!!! Season 6 is a go!!!!
June 14, 2010 05:24PM
I'm very excited about this! Yes it's been out for a while now, but I can't stress enough how happy this makes megrinning smiley

I know there was an original 5 year plan, but Kripke just finished it up, so hey, what's stopping them from making a new chapter?

And the thing that makes me even more happy is that Cas will be there!- He's brought alot into the show IMO, and the next season wouldn't be the same without him. One more geniuine friend for Dean and Sam doesn't hurt smiling smiley

I do hope that Bobby will come on more often too, even more often than in season 5. I just noticed that he's been alot more in season 5 than in any other seasons, and I do hope this keeps up 6th season.
June 15, 2010 08:25AM
Awesome.
Looks as if I need to go buy the last two seasons I've missed. Ever since we had to put that stupid converter in, we don't get the signal anymore.

<3 Zack <3

"Pain is Temporary - Pride is forever"
Lax forever
There are two times of the year that stir the blood.
In the fall, for the hunt,
and now for lacrosse.

Online Users (Users active in the last 15 minutes)

Guests: 18
Record Number of Users: 3 on May 13, 2012
Record Number of Guests: 213 on April 08, 2024
Rock Salt Journals Forum - Forum Statistics

Global
Topics: 115, Posts: 12,503, Users: 128.
Our newest member rajeshdesa.

This forum
Topics: 20, Posts: 205.